1. Calculate Your Calorie Budget (START HERE)
Calculation (alternatively http://bit.ly/31sHFzT )
A: Choose your activity:
- 1.3 – sedentary, sitting most of the day, light housework/work
- 1.4 – light activity, work, housework, exercise 2 to 3 times a week, stand or walk at work
- 1.5 to 1.6 – moderately active, all the above activities, exercise 1 hour 3 to 4 times a week
- 1.7 – very active, all the above daily activities, exercise 1 to 2 hours every day
B. Choose your metabolism:
- 10 – slow (sleepy after a meal)
- 11 – normal (normal or feel the same after a meal
- 12 – fast (fidgety or hyper after a meal)
C. Apply above numbers in this simple formula for estimated calories burned:
__________ (Your body weight in kg) X 2.2 x _______________ (A. Activity value) = _______________ X _________________ (B. Metabolism value) = ________________ *Calories Burned (Calories Out)
*This number is the approximate amount of calories you are allowed to eat in order to maintain your current weight. You should reduce calories to lose weight or increase to gain weight.
Download the Calculation Sheet: Click Here
2. Estimate Your Daily Calorie Intake
Estimate your daily calorie using the Food Intake Template (Download Here) and Find the Calorie Data using MyFitnessPal App or Website. A deficit of 500 – 1000 calorie will be a good start for weight loss. Do note that too much calorie deficit will have negative effect, so you will need to adjust accordingly.
3. Choose Your Calorie Wisely
- Low Glycemic Index or Low Glycemic Load Carbohydrates
- More Fresh Ingredients, Less Processed Food
- Moderate Consumption of Oil and Fat (Less of Highly Heated Oil e.g. Deep Frying Oil)
4. BCX Healthy Living Community Facebook Group
Click Here to Join. Support and Question.